Bonus Pod- FIDE Candidates First 4 Round Breakdown. Nepo leads (As usual). Plus a Fan's Toronto Trip Report

Antworten
PostBOTe

Bonus Pod- FIDE Candidates First 4 Round Breakdown. Nepo leads (As usual). Plus a Fan's Toronto Trip Report

Beitrag von PostBOTe »

The 2024 FIDE Candidates tournament is off and running with some entertaining chess and plenty of surprises. (Although perhaps the identities of the leaders in the Open and Women’s sections aren’t as surprising.) I have been riveted by this tournament and am hoping to provide audio analysis and perspective from different guests on each rest day. In today’s pod, I briefly share my early impressions, than welcome recent guest Denis Markov back to the podcast. Denis had just returned from attending Rounds 1 and 2 in Toronto and described what it was like to attend the event. We went into everything from FIDE’s cheat prevention methods, to what the viewing experience is like within the venue. Whether you are thinking of making a last minute trip to Toronto, or just want to live vicariously through Denis, I think you will enjoy his report of a trip that Denis says he definitely will not regret. We will be back with more coverage of this fantastic tournament on the next rest day, Friday April 12. 00:02 - Introduction and Plan for Perpetual Chess Coverage02:00- Tournament Standings and Ben’s early Impressions11:00 -Preview of Round Five Pairings13:30- Denis Markov joins for a trip report from Toronto (previously heard on Episode 359) 13:57- Buying Tickets and Ticket Options15:40- VIP Tickets and Balcony Experience17:32- What it is like watching the players 19:50- Player Interactions and Autographs23:00- The Fan Zone and Chess Personalities26:47 -Spotting Chess Personalities31:41-Meeting Gukesh and Viswanathan Anand33:57-- Comparing the Candidates Tournament with attending the 2016 World Championship Match36:57- Denis' Final Thoughts If you would like to help support Perpetual Chess via Patreon, you can do so here: Ben Johnson | creating Perpetual Chess Podcast | Patreon Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices

Source:
Antworten